1. We all know that the state governors coming to the Federal government for bailouts is simply a buck-passing process. They are looking at reduced revenues and instead of being straightforward and saying “We love government and are raising your taxes to pay for it”, they get to hide behind the cover of having the Feds print money and send it to them by the back door. They know this is a fraud, the feds know it is a fraud, I know its a fraud. What’s still shocking to me is that there apparently are a whole host of Americans who don’t understand that this isn’t something they can get for “free”. Perhaps is a failing of my imagination. But I would love for somebody who thinks that this is a good thing to attempt some explanation about how this isn’t just a honking pile of horse feces.
2. See this picture of the guns that the terrorists in India used to slaughter hundreds?
These are not the standard third-world AK-47’s which can be put together with tinfoil and toothpicks and still kill people. These are HK MP5s, and as Anatreptic notes:
This isn’t a black market gun. While people living in caves in Afghanistan can and do manufacture Kalashnikovs by hand, the MP5 is a sophisticated weapon requiring high tech metallurgy and other technologies for their production.
Pakistan Ordinance Factories manufactures these weapons under license from HK, and they are under the control of the Pakistani Ministry of Defense.
The implications of Pakistani involvement seem rather hard to miss. Of course the Pakistanis are calling it an attack by Jews. Again, my jaw drops but knowing third-world countries and the absolute media control they have it seems rather more possible that they can force-feed this kind of crap to their population.
3. Following along in the jaw-dropping stupidity we have the latest propaganda drop from the psychiatrists that 1 in 5 of the population between 19 and 25 is crazy. And that goes up to half if you include alcohol and drug abuse. What we really have is a whole generation that needed to have been smacked on their bottoms at age 5 and taught some manners. These completely self-involved dimwits have a lot of surprises ahead. Their grandparents (the baby boomers) are racking up huge debts and expect these little honkers to pony up the cash when they can no longer control their bowels. And any suggestion that the boomers will not get their social security will generate a firestorm that will make the protests about the Iraq war feel like a kindergarten nap session.
Yeah – there’s no possibility of any terrorism threat here – move along, move along:
Police confirmed Wednesday that they found about a pound of sodium cyanide in a Denver hotel room where the body of a Canadian man was discovered earlier this week.
Police spokesman John White identified the white powder as sodium cyanide, the crystal form of cyanide. Fire officials say they found a bottle containing about a pound of the white powder, or between a pint and a quart by volume.
The medical examiner’s office said it is awaiting test results to determine whether cyanide killed 29-year-old Saleman Abdirahman Dirie, of Ottawa, Canada.
His body was found Monday inside Room 408 at The Burnsley Hotel, which is about four blocks from the state Capitol. White said Dirie had been dead for several days. Friends told The Ottawa Sun that he was dead six days before he was discovered.
After all he’s just a dead Canadian, right? Well…..
An online threat posted in July by a man with a similar name warned of death.
“Having the bible in one hand, and a bread in the other hand, is not a correct thing! Kill Them , Kill them, Kill them, that is my massage (sic),!” read the posting by Abdirahman Dirie on the ‘Solmali’s for Jesus’ Blog.It was not clear if Abdirahman Dirie and Saleman Abdirahman Dirie are the same person.
But of course – therre is absolutely no suspicion that anything at all was wrong. People with a pound of cyanide are as common as fleas on a homeless dog – at least according to the spokespeople:
The FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force is assisting in the investigation but FBI spokeswoman Kathy Wright said the incident has no apparent connection to terrorism.
Authorities have not listed Dirie’s occupation or said why he may have had cyanide. White said sodium cyanide is readily available in stores and is the main ingredient in rat poison.
Police have said Dirie’s death appears to be an isolated incident and it doesn’t appear to have anything to do with the upcoming Democratic National Convention here.
The FBI said Wednesday that there’s probably no reason for them to go back to the fourth- floor room at the Burnsley Hotel, where Dirie, 29, of Canada, was found Monday.
Move along – Move along – nothing to see here.
Apparently somebody is continuing to blog under the name listed above:
Bloggers were abuzz Wednesday over a threatening posting by a man with nearly the same name as Dirie.
“Having the bible in one hand, and a bread in the other hand, is not a correct thing! Kill Them, Kill them, Kill them, that is my massage!” read the comment by Abdirahman Dirie, on July 11.
The bloggers were discussing violence against Somali Christians, and Dirie apparently was taking the side of the Somali Muslims.
But the blogger Abdirahman Dirie was online again Wednesday, meaning it couldn’t be the same person, unless someone had taken the name as a joke.
Was there a possible connection between the death and last month’s fiery blog posting?
“We can’t comment on where the investigation might be leading us,” Wright said.
1. Yes – cyanide is something people use to kill themselves – as well as rats and other vermin.
2. Then why have they already released the body when all official sources say the cause of death is unknown?
3. And when will these guys learn to stop rushing around and the first thing out of their mouths is “no terrorism suspected”? Just how stupid are we to pretend to be here? A Somali Muslim from Canada with a bunch of cyanide – wouldn’t somebody with half a brain even have a suspicion?
In a stolen car that was actually found by its owner:
The car was reported stolen last week. After the theft, the car’s owner was fueling his motorcycle when he spotted his stolen car.
“While he was refueling his motorcycle, low and behold, the vehicle that he had reported stolen that belongs to him happened to pull into the gas station area also,” said Los Lunas Police Captain Charles Nuanes.
The car’s owner pulled the keys out of the ignition of his stolen car and the people in the car fled.
When police arrived, they found the explosive device and less than $1,000 worth of Iraqi cash.
So we have:
- Explosive device
- Iraqi Dinars (what good they would do in America – well, maybe they are worth more than the dollar now)
- Apparently really stupid thieves
And the conclusion by the FBI? Who might be interested in explosive devices found on American soil:
The FBI is now involved in the theft of a car after it was found in Los Lunas with an explosive device and Iraqi currency inside
FBI agents say that they have ruled out terrorism.
“We don’t know what their intentions were,” said Nuanes. “We don’t know what they were planning on doing with any of this.”
They don’t know the intentions, but there is no terrorism? Either the FBI is really trying to feed us a great big pile of feces or they think we are too stupid to actually understand this. Either way it sure doesn’t raise my confidence in the FBI and their ability to protect us.
What was that about universal free health care?
From Arnold Ahlert at Political Mavens:
Borders. Our borders remain as porous as ever, and the virtual fence is a high-priced, “high tech” disaster. A PC screwing of gargantuan proportions–and the American public knows it. The PC-ers think they can “finesse” this one by browbeating us with name calling (xenophobia, racism, etc.) or appeals to our “reasonableness.”
The war on terror. Only a moron–or someone who can’t see beyond his politically correct nose–could look at all the acts of terror committed before and after 9/11–and come to the conclusion that terrorism is “an exaggerated threat.” PC-ers still think we can “jaw-jaw” with suicidal maniacs who boast that their principle advantage over us is they love death while we love life. What level of atrocity it would take to blow the cobwebs out of these peoples’ brains is anyone’s guess. 3000 people exterminated in an hour-and-a-half wasn’t enough. Their threshold? 56 million people died in WWll, beginning a year after Neville Chamberlain, the historical epitome of political correctness, secured “peace in our time.” Apparently we have a long way to go.
There’s more good stuff – go read it all.
Bending over for Hamas terrorists, Bernard Kouchner demonstrates why no one believes anything France says:
French foreign minister Bernard Kouchner was in Gaza yesterday and made a total jerk of himself. Kouchner told reporters that Israel shouldn’t inspect trucks from Gaza because ‘not all of them are carrying bombs.’
How does that work out at French airports? Do you want to just inspect “some” of the luggage and hope that you found the ones with the bombs? Idiot.