Would that this was only a joke:
Does your Pepsi lack pep? Is your Coke not the real thing? India’s Hindu nationalist movement apparently has the answer: a new soft drink made from cow urine.
Om Prakash, the head of the department, said the drink – called “gau jal”, or “cow water” – in Sanskrit was undergoing laboratory tests and would be launched “very soon, maybe by the end of this year”.
“Don’t worry, it won’t smell like urine and will be tasty too,” he told The Times from his headquarters in Hardwar, one of four holy cities on the River Ganges. “Its USP will be that it’s going to be very healthy. It won’t be like carbonated drinks and would be devoid of any toxins.”
I really must pause here and say that if you know it won’t taste like urine, just what have you been drinking before?
The drink is the latest attempt by the RSS – which was founded in 1925 and now claims eight million members – to cleanse India of foreign influence and promote its ideology of Hindutva, or Hindu-ness.
However, it seems that aside from being kooks, these people are actually dangerous:
The movement has often been accused of using more violent methods, such as killing 67 Christians in the eastern state of Orissa last year, and assaulting women in a pub in Mangalore last month.
Look for it at your supermarket. Cow Urine – the pause that retches!
1. We all know that the state governors coming to the Federal government for bailouts is simply a buck-passing process. They are looking at reduced revenues and instead of being straightforward and saying “We love government and are raising your taxes to pay for it”, they get to hide behind the cover of having the Feds print money and send it to them by the back door. They know this is a fraud, the feds know it is a fraud, I know its a fraud. What’s still shocking to me is that there apparently are a whole host of Americans who don’t understand that this isn’t something they can get for “free”. Perhaps is a failing of my imagination. But I would love for somebody who thinks that this is a good thing to attempt some explanation about how this isn’t just a honking pile of horse feces.
2. See this picture of the guns that the terrorists in India used to slaughter hundreds?
These are not the standard third-world AK-47’s which can be put together with tinfoil and toothpicks and still kill people. These are HK MP5s, and as Anatreptic notes:
This isn’t a black market gun. While people living in caves in Afghanistan can and do manufacture Kalashnikovs by hand, the MP5 is a sophisticated weapon requiring high tech metallurgy and other technologies for their production.
Pakistan Ordinance Factories manufactures these weapons under license from HK, and they are under the control of the Pakistani Ministry of Defense.
The implications of Pakistani involvement seem rather hard to miss. Of course the Pakistanis are calling it an attack by Jews. Again, my jaw drops but knowing third-world countries and the absolute media control they have it seems rather more possible that they can force-feed this kind of crap to their population.
3. Following along in the jaw-dropping stupidity we have the latest propaganda drop from the psychiatrists that 1 in 5 of the population between 19 and 25 is crazy. And that goes up to half if you include alcohol and drug abuse. What we really have is a whole generation that needed to have been smacked on their bottoms at age 5 and taught some manners. These completely self-involved dimwits have a lot of surprises ahead. Their grandparents (the baby boomers) are racking up huge debts and expect these little honkers to pony up the cash when they can no longer control their bowels. And any suggestion that the boomers will not get their social security will generate a firestorm that will make the protests about the Iraq war feel like a kindergarten nap session.
Does anybody really think that ex-President Pantsdown will be satisfied with chasing cooter in Kashmir?
[BO] …but, for us to devote serious diplomatic resources to get a special envoy in there, to figure out a plausible approach, and essentially make the argument to the Indians, you guys are on the brink of being an economic superpower, why do you want to keep on messing with this? To make the argument to the Pakistanis, look at India and what they are doing, why do you want to keep n being bogged down with this particularly at a time where the biggest threat now is coming from the Afghan boarder? I think there is a moment where potentially we could get their attention. It won’t be easy, but it’s important.
[Q] Sounds like a job for Bill Clinton.
[BO] Might not be bad. I actually talked to Bill, I talked to President Clinton about this when we had lunch in Harlem.
Which leads me to these questions:
1. Bill still has that office down in Harlem? Just how many days a year do you think he spends there? and what is it costing the taxpayers of the United States to maintain it and staff it and pay for the sexual harassment suits?
2. Just how far is Hillary willing to ship her priapretic excuse of a husband in order to grovel to the Obamamessiah? India and Afganistan don’t seem to be out of bounds.
3. Does anybody really think Obama is going to hang the millstone of Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State around his neck? I think he’s just playing with them.