A few of the things I expect to hear and read during and after The Messiah’s speech tonight:
- “Gosh darn it, I’ve said it before but the thrill running up my leg is a 13 on a scale of 1-10” – Chris Matthews
- As we remember Ted Kennedy and his brave and life-long fight to provide a fair health care system for all Americans….
- We have heard and seen a lot from a small and angry segment of the population, but tonight the President has reset the terms of the debate so we can proceed with clear and calm confidence…
- The President’s clear restatement of the guiding principles all Americans agree with regarding health care will guide the debate as the bill is considered in Congress….
- I don’t know how many times we have seen it, but again the President demonstrated his ability to lead the country through times of calamity and crisis….
- We can only hope that others with follow the lead of the President as they consider the actions needed to fix our broken third-world level health delivery system….
- We know that the vast majority of American support the President as he seeks to correct one of the most intransigent issues of the past half century….
- Our polling shows that 99% of the non-kook Americans believe that simply sipping a glass of water that He has touched will cure them of every disease and unhappiness
Well maybe not that last one.
From the Chicago Sun-SlimeanyRepublican:
The press corps, most of us, don’t even bother raising our hands any more to ask questions because Obama always has before him a list of correspondents who’ve been advised they will be called upon that day.
think about that for a second – they just lay down and die for the Messiah.
And let’s not forget this little piece of worshipfulness from the WaPo and Eli Saslo:
The sun glinted off chiseled pectorals sculpted during four weightlifting sessions each week, and a body toned by regular treadmill runs and basketball games.
Can’t you just hear everybody breathing heavily in the background?
And in an example of just how much the media hates W – what about this headline over at Newsweek:
Traffic Jam? Blame Bush.
I’m not kidding – its all Bush’s fault because Obama and his bunch came to town two weeks early and couldn’t be put up at Blair House and just because President Bush had invited John Howard to come and be recognized and was already booked into Blair House – well, its all W’s fault. All. The. Time. Forever.