And John Hawkins at Right Wing News absolutely has the goods on him. The money quote is:
So, with that in mind, imagine my chagrin when I saw these comments in the New York Times last night (emphasis mine).
He added: “I believe we have to secure our borders, and I think most Americans agree with that, because it’s a matter of national security. But we must enact comprehensive immigration reform. We must make it a top agenda item if we don’t do it before, and we probably won’t, a little straight talk, as of January 2009.”
Mr. McCain asked others on the panels for suggestions about how to “better mobilize American public opinion” behind the notion of comprehensive immigration reform.
Put very simply: John McCain is a liar. He’s a man without honor, without integrity, who could not have captured the Republican nomination had he run on making comprehensive immigration a top priority of his administration. Quite frankly, this is little different from George Bush, Sr. breaking his “Read my lips, no new taxes pledge,” except that Bush’s father was at least smart enough to wait until he got elected before letting all of his supporters know that he was lying to them.
And he’s going to destroy the Republican Party – which seems to be his whole purpose ever since George W. Bush cleaned his clock in 2000. Its all personal with him.
* Resist urge to urinate on the crowd. Standing above so many conservatives, I know it will be hard for you to not just unzip your fly and piss all over them, but you’ll have to try. It may seem right and natural to you do so, but it won’t go over well.
* Call for a bombing run on Berkeley until they admit the military is awesome. Conservatives would like a nice local war. Plus, if in the end we decide to pull out of Berkeley and never go back, that’s cool too.
* State that Fred Thompson will be your VP and vow not to live long. That would be awesome. I bet it would get a standing ovation at CPAC.
* Hand out free candy. Pretty self-explanatory. Conservatives will say, “McCain may be against us on many issues, but he’s the only candidate who gave me candy!”
* One word: Yubitsume. It’s a Japanese ritual of cutting off a part of your pinky finger in an act of apology. Will seem sincere.
In an interview on ABC News’s Nightline, Hernandez stated bluntly that he was betting that the Mexican American population in the United States –all generations– “will think Mexico first…”I want ‘em all to think Mexico first.” Here’s the audio clip from Nightline, June 7th 2001:
Now, incredibly, Juan Hernandez is GOP presidential candidate John McCain’s Hispanic Outreach Director.
Next stop for his friend Juan Hernandez: DHS Secretary?
“No drilling in ANWR, nor in the Everglades, nor off the coast of Florida, nor off the coast of Florida… If states want to have drilling off their coast, as Louisiana does, that’s their right.
Some might consider this a dishonest “shuck and jive” pander to fuzzy-headed independents who think our energy woes can be solved by wind farms and Magic Beans.
Not so. This is Maverick talking here. This is the truth, straight up no chaser. We can miracle our asses into energy independence by continuing to pour billions into boondoggle “green sources” of energy.
He went on to promise that “before the end of my presidency, Detroit will produce a car that runs on love.“
McCain’s lying here. Alaskans want ANWR tapped. Trouble is, the Federal government owns the land in question. It’s the Federal government making the decision to not drill in this Pristine Ecologically-Sensitive Wasteland and not the state itself.