A few of the things I expect to hear and read during and after The Messiah’s speech tonight:
- “Gosh darn it, I’ve said it before but the thrill running up my leg is a 13 on a scale of 1-10” – Chris Matthews
- As we remember Ted Kennedy and his brave and life-long fight to provide a fair health care system for all Americans….
- We have heard and seen a lot from a small and angry segment of the population, but tonight the President has reset the terms of the debate so we can proceed with clear and calm confidence…
- The President’s clear restatement of the guiding principles all Americans agree with regarding health care will guide the debate as the bill is considered in Congress….
- I don’t know how many times we have seen it, but again the President demonstrated his ability to lead the country through times of calamity and crisis….
- We can only hope that others with follow the lead of the President as they consider the actions needed to fix our broken third-world level health delivery system….
- We know that the vast majority of American support the President as he seeks to correct one of the most intransigent issues of the past half century….
- Our polling shows that 99% of the non-kook Americans believe that simply sipping a glass of water that He has touched will cure them of every disease and unhappiness
Well maybe not that last one.